Mrs. Bin GAO joined the AXA Group in 1996 to take part in the development of the company in China. After the granting of the 1st life insurance license in 1997, AXA set up successively its operational entities in the country, including:
- Life JV AXA-Minmetals in 1999, becoming ICBC-AXA Life in 2012
- P&C JV AXA-Tianping in 2014 (integrating AXA China GI established in 2007)
- AXA IM & SPDB Asset Management Co. in 2007
- AXA Assistance in 2005
And the AXA Asia Lab in Shanghai since June 2015 “to foster the digital culture and further the spirit of innovation across the Group, by forming partnerships with the most forward-thinking companies… and also to detect emerging trends that can be leveraged for the benefit of our clients, as well as identify new talents”.
She has been involved in the main business operations of the Group in China, and contributed to mak
e AXA’s Life and P&C JVs the leading international players in the market. In the meantime, she has been playing an active role in Group’s initiatives to support financial and managerial education through partnerships with Tsinghua SEM, Fudan University, CEIBS, etc.
She continues to follow up and support the implementation of AXA’s long term and ambitious strategy in Ch
ina, where digital will have an increasing importance.
Bin GAO’s education background:
– Bachelors of Arts of Peking University
– PhD in Modern French Literature of Sorbonne Nouvelle (Paris III)
– MBA on Insurance Company Management of Enass-CNAM (Ecole Nationale d’Assurance)